After they dry, put them together with the painted sides facing outward. I initially thought of gluing or stapling the plates together to hold them together firmly. Instead, I made holes on the edge around the plates wherever I wanted a leg, eye, or arm. Next I took a pipe cleaner and bent it in half like a V. Stick the pipe cleaner so that it goes through the same hole in both plates, until the bend of the cleaner is in the hole, then take the 2 lengths of the V and twist them together. Not only did this "tie" the plates together, it made the legs a bit more sturdy than just one simple pipe cleaner.